Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 2023 don't open Photoshop 2023

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS latest version.

After working a raw photo in Photo raw 2023 (using radial filters, filter identifies figures, etc. ..) clicking on "OPEN" the image is not opened in Photoshop 2023, but closes as if you had pressed the "close" button .

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Bridge 2023 and Photoshop 2023 ... but nothing to do.

To open the image in Photoshop 2023 I have to go back to Bridge 2023 and right click on the image and choose "open in photoshop.

Nothing serious, but it is very annoying.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Now with the latest upgrade it is all OK!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is è bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your ACR preferences, better? 

Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (MacOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).

Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry... but I don't understand nothing!

Can you be clearer in indicating the path to follow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Command click here

2022-10-22 11_50_11-Adobe Photoshop 2023.png

You should see this option

2022-10-22 11_50_35-Adobe Photoshop 2023.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.
It is a different path from the one I had followed.
I had already deleted the preferences directly from the PREFERENCES folder.

Nothing has changed.

If I double-click an image in BRIDGE 2023, the image opens in Camera Raw 2023.

If I modify it WITHOUT USING "mask" (in the various options) by clicking on OPEN ... the image opens in Photoshop 2023.

But if I use "mask" clicking OPEN the image does not open anywhere. The command becomes DEFINITELY identical to the CLOSE command.

To open the processed image in Photoshop I have to right click in BRIDGE and ask to open in Photoshop 2023.

RAW CAMERA opens again and clicking on OPEN finally the image opens in Photoshop!

I think it's a BUG of the new 2023 versions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add that the opening in Photoshop is BLOCKED only if in the MASK I use one of the three functions (SKY, FIGURE, BACKGROUND)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you avoid Bridge all together?

Does it work if Bridge isn't the host (used at all), just Photoshop?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Bridge as a "viewer", to select the images that interest me.

If I open an image file directly with Photoshop, Camera Raw starts and from here, whatever I do, the OPEN button (in photosho) works perfectly.

But my habit is to manage the workflow through Bridge, as I have been doing for over 30 years!

I open Bridge.
I see the images that may interest me to be worked on.
Double click on the image (one at a time).
Camera Raw opens.
I work the images.
Click on open and you have to open Phooshop.
Point!

There must be some BUGS if, only after having used the MASK filter (SKY, FIGURE, BACKGROUND) in Camera Raw, the image does not open directly in Photoshop, but I have to do a further step.

The most important step is:
CLICK + control key on the image in Bridge, choose "Open in Photoshop" and Camera Raw opens.

By doing so everything works correctly.

But that's not good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ACR hosted by Photoshop is fine, but not Bridge. Others have reported similar issues with ACR + Bridge (ACR hosted by Bridge but not Photoshop). Which is why you should report this as a bug in the Bridge forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we should not have to be going through this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we should not have to be going through this!

By @Jane251303926a90

We? FWIW, I've never had to do this. But some 'we's' do, and hence, the fix was outlined. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank, that solved the problem, everything works fine now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did the "delete camera raw preferences"  and it worked for a while but then I had to reset it again this has been going on for months, sometimes I have to reset it 15 times a day.  It's so frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here, but seems to be solved when opening image in 16 bit (can be put back later to 8 in photoshop)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. 
it is the same. 

if I use mask "figure" or "sky" in Camera Raw it is impossible to open the photo directly in Photoshop. 

if I erase the mask it work correctly!

I thing tha it is e bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I was happy too soon with my finding... sorry.
It is really annoying....
I now just go into photoshop, through ACR - open as smart object. Then save the photoshop psd and go back into ACR.
Not my usual workflow as the rawfile now seems untouched in bridge.

Hope this irritating bug gets solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve had exactly the same problem. I contacted Adobe help and a support person phoned me up and after a long discussion he took over my laptop to see the problem. His ultimate answer was that the particular image I was working with was corrupted !!!

I agree that there are bugs with the new version of Bridge. The other issue I have is that when I put a memory card from my camera into the slot for downloading, Bridge is not recognised. The only way I can get images into Bridge is to open Bridge FIRST and then from the toolbar go to download images from camera. No problems downloading pictures into LR or PS

Very annoying and frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Latest Version

If I open Photoshop and initiate Bridge from File>Browse in Bridge... then Bridge and Camera Raw work as it always has, by double clicking the RAW file, editing it then clicking "Open" it opens normally in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me mad too. Nef files fail to open in PS after processing in Camera Raw. I've tried some of the suggestions above to no avail.

This is the buggiest update to PS ever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work on my MacBook Pro. I am beyond frustrated with this. It has destroyed my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now with the latest upgrade it is all OK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop version 24.0.1 and with bridge 13 the problem still exists... problem is Bridge actually
My solution:
Back to Bridge 12.0.3 and problem is solved (like the design of that version better as well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having similar issue even with latest Bridge, ACR and PS updates.  From Bridge to ACR is fine, but ACR Open button closes ACR with raw or dng files.  It will open with jpg files. To open from Bridge 13.0.2, I have to go to File/Open with/Adobe Photoshop 24.1.0.  Then ACR window opens and Open button will open raw or dng files to PS.  Noticed that the background color of the ACR from Bridge is black and background color from File/Open with/Adobe Photoshop 24.1.0 is gray.  Any suggestions.  Adobe told me update will resolve, but they did not so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work for me either since an update from Bridge 8 days ago. Any suggestion how do solve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines