• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw doesn't fit on screen

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've just updated to 19.1.1 and now camera raw will not fit on my screen.

If anyone can suggest an easy work around I'd be very happy to hear.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Hi ged2016, thanks for getting back, I've installed the latest versions of Lightroom, Photoshop cc and Camera Raw, I regularly use Camera Raw for editing on my Windows 10 laptop, the latest version will not fit on my screen. I've tried playing with the UI scaling in Photoshop preferences, 100%, 200% and auto, that appears to have no effect on either Photoshop or Camera Raw.

I cannot "grab" the edges and drag the sides down enough to reduce the size sufficiently either.

A screen grab example is bel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

I tend to have misalignment problems after GPU driver updates.  For instance, icons fall out of my Stardock Fences, and application windows can get into a muddle.  Restart the computer has always fixed that.

I believe it only happens when you have multiple monitors, and possibly more so when they are different resolution, and/or orientation.

How many screens are you using?  What is their resolution, and what is your UI magnification?

[EDIT] Whoops!  Forget that.  Just seen that you have already giv

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you post a screenshot, also please provide as much information as you can

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ged2016, thanks for getting back, I've installed the latest versions of Lightroom, Photoshop cc and Camera Raw, I regularly use Camera Raw for editing on my Windows 10 laptop, the latest version will not fit on my screen. I've tried playing with the UI scaling in Photoshop preferences, 100%, 200% and auto, that appears to have no effect on either Photoshop or Camera Raw.

I cannot "grab" the edges and drag the sides down enough to reduce the size sufficiently either.

A screen grab example is below. That's all I can get onto the screen. Thanks for any suggestions.

Camera Raw grab.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a second release of the latest Camera raw. It fixed it on my end!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cyberwasp, Thanks for answering.

I too have updated to the latest version, no luck here, still looking like this.

Camera Raw grab.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

A couple of questions.

1. Does your screen meet the minimum size of 1024 x 768 display (1280x800 recommended) as specified here? :

Photoshop system requirements

2. Have you set any user scaling in Windows 10? ( Windows > Settings > System > Display > Scale and Layout).. The latest version of Photoshop, combined with the current version of Windows 10, will scale it's interface using those windows settings.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back with those tips.

I have my laptop set to the recommended Windows 10 settings of Scale and layout at 150% and screen resolution of  1920 X 1080.

If I change the scale to say 125% it fits but every other program, outlook etc. is too small to use, if I change the screen resolution to the suggested 1280 X 800 everything is just a fuzzy blur, I think the work around will be something along the lines of me changing the Scale and Layout each time I use Photoshop and then switch back for everything else, not ideal but there you go.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to ask the obvious, but what happens when you click on the fit to screen button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor,

Good question, I should have mentioned that, when I do click the fit to screen button it expands out even further, cutting off about another 1/3 of the screen.

Ross

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tend to have misalignment problems after GPU driver updates.  For instance, icons fall out of my Stardock Fences, and application windows can get into a muddle.  Restart the computer has always fixed that.

I believe it only happens when you have multiple monitors, and possibly more so when they are different resolution, and/or orientation.

How many screens are you using?  What is their resolution, and what is your UI magnification?

[EDIT] Whoops!  Forget that.  Just seen that you have already given that info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor,

Yes, just the one screen, I've managed to come up with a work around temporary fix for the time being with my Windows scale options.

Thanks for the tips.

Cheers

Ross

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this marked as a correct answer when it has nothing to do withhe problem, since none of us where using t dual screens and the only thing helping so far has been running the computer at the wrong zoom? 

This is an Adobe problem that has just been swept under the rug because theres a half witted work-around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now bought another laptop (HP) and it's still a problem. On Windows 10 and a HP laptop. The former where also an HP laptop,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought but have you tried updating your GPU driver from the manufacturers website

Also take a look here

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged2016,

Thanks for the tip, I'm running the most up to date graphics driver.

My plan of changing my scale size option for Windows 10 from 150% to 125% each time I use Photoshop seems to be a work around, it's a pain in the rear-end and I need to swap back and forth as I go from application to application but at least it works.

Maybe it's just a temporary bug and somebody in Adobe land will send out a fix one day.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen that problem, but install ACR 10.2.1 if you haven't already. There was a weird resolution bug on the original release of ACR earlier this week.

Camera Raw plug-in installer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terri,

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

I've updated to the latest version of Camera Raw but no luck I'm afraid, still looking like this on screen.

Camera Raw grab.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the very same problem. 1080p and 150% has always worked but now it's looking like this-prntscrn.jpg

There is no way to adjust the size of the window, it just moves around on the screen. Choosing fullscreen mode makes even less of the window visible,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my problem is exactly the same, I've tried all kinds of settings etc, nothing seems to work.

Although if you open up Adobe Bridge then change the UI scaling in Bridge, then open up the image in Camera raw it seems to work but what a long way around.

It's very annoying, things were working perfectly before the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem but it's now 2022. did you get an answer to the problem. Bear in mind I am not very computer savy. thanks Lynn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far it seems that changing the screen scale under display settings from recommended 150% to 125 sorts it out. MAkes everything else too small though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem when opening a raw image from Bridge. I would doule click the image and then camera raw would open completely out of resolution with half of the options and sliders not visible.

However if I simply right clicked the image and choose 'open in camera raw...' everything opens ups correctly

Andrew23927053ribm_0-1649260705456.png

Hope this is of help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Andrew, this is a great help and has resolved the problem for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Mr_rossduncan I had the same problem and I just looked a video on youtube and it worked 😄
here is the link:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjN3Zrj6Kz4A...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines