Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Camera raw keeps crashing, photoshop 22.4.3

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening some CR3 files (from EOS R), camera raw crashes consistenly. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

I tried disabling the GPU, didn't help.

Yigal

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please try reinstalling the Camera Raw plugin and let us know if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - Downgrading CameraRaw to 13.1 fixed the issue and I now have auto-update disabled (because otherwise it keeps upgrading me back to the bad version... 😞 )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you disabled the GPU, did you disable it in the Camera Raw perferences or Photoshop's? (Camera Raw's below)

JeffreyTranberry_0-1630167744760.png

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I did disable it CameraRaw but it didn't help. Downgrading to 13.1 fixed the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a Reset of the Camera Raw preferences:
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"
See also:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That wasn't the issue. Had to downgrade to CameraRaw 13.1 to fix the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it crash opening all images? Or only specific ones?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only specific ones, but not a few. Roughly 20% of the images I tried, crash the system.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to get a copy of one of the files and it's sidecar settings? (link to CC files or dropbox) Maybe it's something in there that is triggering the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, but CameraRaw 13.1 is now installed, and no matter how much I try to update PhotoShop to get 13.4 reinstalled, it keeps saying I have the latest. Sounds like you have yet another bug... 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more comment - I did send crash reports when the crash happened, so maybe you can find enough info there to fix the bug.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a fresh image for you. Crashes camera raw 13.4 immediately upon opening it.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjLO4piZSWOfuc0vPWcZa6Zjlj41Vg?e=zjMIlu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines