Canʻt paste filename, canʻt save over raw image

Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a two-part question. Iʻm not sure if this is an Apple issue or a Photoshop issue.

I have a new Macbook Pro and am using v. 23.4.2 Photoshop.

My typical workflow is as follows:

- Open image in Photos (the app) on my desktop to edit with Photoshop

- Edit the image. When I save and type in a new filename and save to a different location than Photos, I used to be able to just save over the multi-digit default filename. This no longer happens. The file remaining on the screen in Photoshop is still named the original filename.

- I then typically Save to Web, and of course, now I have to type in the new filename again because the newly edited image on screen is still the original tiff filename).

This is causing me to have to close the tiff, not save it, then navigate to the folder I saved the edited image in, open it up and then export for web. This brings me to the other issue, which is that i can no longer copy and paste a filename in the save field.

This is really slowed my workflow and I canʻt see any benefit to the new situation.

Can anyone help? Is there a preferences setting that I need to fix?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Edit the image. When I save and type in a new filename and save to a different location than Photos, I used to be able to just save over the multi-digit default filename. This no longer happens. The file remaining on the screen in Photoshop is still named the original filename."

Can you further explain save process? You edit the image and then save using which command? How you save? Click on existing file to get filename into Filename field then save over? Do you see some warning dialogue? Some screenshot would also help if you can not describe.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines