• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I auto align a folder of 500+ RAW pictures without opening in one file as a stack?

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.

I recently did a time lapse but due to strong winds and shooting at 200mm there is a bit of movement in the shots when played back. I know I can open images in a stack and auto align them, but I'm shooting 500+ frames so my computer is just freezing up if I try and do it this way. Does anybody know of a way to auto align a sequence of RAW files in Bridge and Photoshop CC without having to open them in one file as a stack?

This is the time lapse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AuMFnX0_OY Thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Align them to what?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This guy dosent stack... /s 

I've been having trouble when stacking 300+ images.  For people that dont know, you do this when working with a very small subject.  I capture resin glands of plants at 5x ultra macro.  The depth of focus is so small that you need to take focus from a ton of images and stack it together to create a fully focused image.
A better example with less moving parts is when you try to focus landscape.  Most of the time you cant get the apeture narrow enough to get light from foreground to background, so you stack the image.  This involves taking two images with different focus points (One foreground and one background).  Then you stack them together for a fully focused image closeup and far away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you have to have the files open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines