• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I buy Photoshop without a subscription?

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to buy Photoshop without a subscription?

I don't use Photoshop often but I feel like it would be awesome to have it for when I do need to use it like once every month or two.

Thanks!

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements would be the closest you can get for a one time purchase. Photoshop itself has been subscription since 2013, and the 9.99 a month/annual commitment Photography Plan is as close as you can get.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need to work sometimes and with video files consider buying Ps Elements and Premiere Elements bundle at lower price Buy Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GIMP is a free image editor and there are a few others that at least support a sub-set of PS and don't cost a single penny. If your use really is that sporadic and even 10 bucks a month too much you may want to consider those.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think first about which Photoshop features are the most important to you. If they are the features that only Photoshop has or does the best, then you would have to consider the subscription.

But…if the features you need the most are relatively straightforward, like basic correction, you have a very wide variety of inexpensive/free choices now. Photoshop Elements is one choice. Other choices are in the under-$50 range, such as Affinity Photo. And other choices are free, such as GIMP. All of these are inexpensive and non-subscription, and more powerful than some older versions of Photoshop.

But really take a look at what you need before you spend anything. For example, if you mostly need one-click background removal, Apple is building that into the operating system itself (in macOS 13 and iOS 16).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Smae here...  is pretty $$ if I choose pay as you go for a small job , like 1-2 mins on photoshop... and I have no clue how to use 

Affinity Photo which I might need to look for a class/ course for it . I m stuck with my old IOS system becasue of CS6 , which I really have to update my IOS .... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines