• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I disable the brush popup window without disabling 'right-click'?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Wacaom pen and tablet (Intuos Pro) and maybe it's just the way I hold a pen (which I'm not going to change) but I quite frequently accidently hit the right-click button while painting which causes the 'brush' window to pop-up over my working area. This slows my process down and is quite annoying. However, I do use the right click fuction for coloring layers, stroking/filling paths, deleting, etc... So I don't want to disable the button itself, just the 'brush window shortcut' that is assigned to it when I'm on the canvas.

Thanks. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t know any such option within Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No way to turn it off, and I'd hate to lose that function anyway, so all you can do is work out the best (for you) method of closing the window.  For me that would be touching down outside the document window.  I did have a look at the Panel Menu shortcuts make sure, as best as I can, and I made an interesting discovery. 

In the 26 years I have been using Photoshop, I did not realise that we can access individual Brush Groups via shortcut.  I have tested it and you can't use Fuction keys.  It lets you assign a function key with modifier, but it then doesn't work.  I then tried Ctrl 1 and that worked fine.  I will absolutely be using some of these moving forward.

image.png

For the sake of people new to this forum, I like to remind folk that we can save custom keyboard shortcuts to custom workspaces. So when I reassigned Ctrl 1 (Cmd 1) from view 100% to one of my Brush Groups that only works in my default custom workspace, and I reach and use the default shortcuts by switching to anyother workspace.  (I do this via actions triggered by shortcuts, and you _can_ use Function keys without modifiers to run an action).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines