Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Can I run Adobe CC In my Mac with 8GB of memory ?

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I started to use Abobe CC ( photoshop and Illustrator) in my 2019 IMac :

3.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i3

8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

But I find the applications are very slow. Is there a problem with my isntalation or the configuration is not sufficient ?

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An i3 probably won't cut it. That is an entry level processor, and this is high end software. 8GB may be just enough for one app (at a time) to work, but not fly.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What Test Screen Name said. Your system is unfortunately underpowered for Photoshop. As you've discovered, it is slooow.

I never use Photoshop with less than an i7 processor and at least 16GB RAM.

You could try some of the tips in this Adobe article to try and squeeze a little more performance out of your setup but don't expect huge gains since your fundamental issue is underpowered hardware.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines