• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can i scale an Artboard and the contents instead together?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to scale/resize an Artboard and the contents instead together?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nintendo,

Select all the objects you wish to resize then click Object -> Transform -> Scale. You can scale uniformly and preserve ratio or independently for each axis, but do remember to tick the Scale Strokes & Effects box. Afterward, resize the Artboardindependently.

Also refer scale artwork with artboard??

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's talking about Photoshop, not Illustrator.

It's 2021 now, has this been implemented?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use Image/Size, setting the units to Percent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost 6 years later after this original post... Is there still no way to do this? I'm struggling with the workflow with artboards. It's so clunky. Please let me know if I'm missing something but I really don't think I am. I'm using Photoshop 2021 but could load the latest version if this is improved. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, it's 2023 and there seems to be no way to do this simple task. Artboard is still [removed by moderator] to work with. A great idea with terrible execution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, it's 2023 and there seems to be no way to do this simple task. Artboard is still [removed by moderator] to work with. A great idea with terrible execution.

What role do Artboards play in your workflow exactly? 

Why do you need to scale them (including their content) and if scaling a container filled with Layers is important to you why don’t you use proper Groups with Vector Masks instead? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that you are missing anything. Resize the artboard, then select the content and resize/reposition as required.

It might be possible to script this... Get the current artboard dimensions, resize, convert the difference to a % value and then select all artboard content and resize by the % value.

Would the artboard be resized using absolute pixel values or scaled via a relative % adjustment? Retain aspect or distort?

What about the content, scaled from middle centre, lower left etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have posted a script to resize the content and artboard here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/scale-artboard-and-content/idc-p/14089962

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines