• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can no longer use CC in Win7

Engaged ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a problem and decided to update from about CC 10 to the latest.  This caused a problem where it said it couldn't connect to the Internet for verification.  But I was connected.  I called Adobe tech help and they said they just terminated help for Win7.  OK. But I can't even run the program I am paying for, CC, without going to Win 10, which I don't want on the machine?  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your OS is way, way too old for a modern version of Photoshop as outlined here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't say that it was working fine just before it stopped working at all, but I can say that it worked comparably to the version I have on my Windows 10 laptop, which is as a bug-ridden that has more than doubled my work processing over using CS6.  I still have to go to CS6 to get thumbnails of movies, add and see data.  So when I shoot a lot of pictures and video, I have to add the same data, such as description, location, data, twice, once in CC for photos and in CS6 for the videos.  Photoshop does not apply the right times or dates to videos, so if sorted by date they are out of order.  If editing in camera RAW, time is doubled, as in CS6 I could go down a line of selected videos and apply crops and editing in one step.  In CC they have to be done separately.  The method of cropping was changed also and I preferred the former way.  Also I previously could use a custom 4x3 crop so all would use that on starting a new set, instead of defaulting to the camera crop and having to recrop over and over again.  It seems that the designers have run out of ideas to improve things or get rid of bugs, so they just keep making changes to justify their positions.  Absolutely horrible extortionist program, but that is the future with monopolies.  And on the Win 7 machine it wasn't too old to actually do no worse than on the win 10 machine, until about 2 weeks ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Photoshop works perfectly well on a well speced computer with a modern OS and IMO includes some terrific features, such as Select > Subject.
(You can set up your own custom presets for cropping in the crop drop-down menu.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My laptop is a ROG ASUS.  All the requirements I can see in the list are met.  I don't know about the 4G for the graphics card but I would think a gaming computer should suffice.  Where would I veerify?

So you shoot videos as well?  Does Photoshop apply the correct dates and time sequentially, as Nikon viewnxi does? 

I can select custom presets, but if I go to a vertical instead of horizontal of open a new batch, I have to reset the crop as it doesn't remember, while CS6 retained for subsequent sessions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines