Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can not nudge clone source with keyboard shortcuts

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Watching a max session on PS and wanted to use short cuts for clone stamp source.

I am on latest version of PS and updated win pro 11

the size up and down work fine

The rotate works fine

But the nudge up and down or sideways (arrow keys with alt and shift) 

Do not do anything.  In the clone source panel if you click to highlight a field and use arrows, that works fine. And move tool works fine with the arrow keys

Again everything working fine except the keyboard shortcut for nudging clone source.

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

I have tried to recreate this on my end on two machines running Windows 11 & 10. I could not recreate this. I've added a GIF to showcase this.

What version of Photoshop & the operating system are you running on?

Clone stamp Nudge.gif

 

Ensure there are no stale preferences in Photoshop. Go to the location of the preference folder mentioned below and rename it to backup. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

• Windows 10/11: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Ad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to recreate this on my end on two machines running Windows 11 & 10. I could not recreate this. I've added a GIF to showcase this.

What version of Photoshop & the operating system are you running on?

Clone stamp Nudge.gif

 

Ensure there are no stale preferences in Photoshop. Go to the location of the preference folder mentioned below and rename it to backup. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

• Windows 10/11: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
  • Press Windows + R & type this is the Run Window - %APPDATA%\Adobe

SameerK_0-1670874499057.png

• Rename the Adobe Photoshop folder by adding a .old at the end. (Adobe Photoshop 2023 > Rename > Adobe Photoshop 2023. old)

This will give a fresh start to Photoshop as a fresh install. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Sameer K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Samir K.

I went with the manual -move preferces to desk top and restart to make fresh

(then spent 2 hours redoing and reloading all my actions,brushs, tool bar, workspace, plugins, yada, yada) 

and problem is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello again Samir K.

In this thread someone else said to update to 24.1 (was 24.0.1) so I did that this morning (long download)

Anyway I now have the same problem. So that means every update I will have to go through this again. So now my question is how to trash the settings folder without haveing to spend 2 hours to redo all my brush's, actions, plugins, workspace, toolbar, keyboard shortcuts,etc etc etc. every time I have to do that.

And 1 more question is there a fix for save as?  on new 24.1 update now problem is even though I checked the box to default to my computer to save instead of cloud, but now when I save as.A new cloud box comes up andI have to change it to my computer every time. Which adds a step to every save as. And which I did not have to do last version. And use legacy save as is checked because it's only way you can get all the save as options.

Update to this- Samir skip last part about save as. After half a dozen save as  operations PS is now back to normal (no idea why but good enough)

So just need the first question answered.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Jens. are you on Ps 24.0.1 or 24.1?

Is it a US english version, or a localized one? is your keyboard QWERTY?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey PE ,  24.0.1    as 24.1 is not an option my CC app say's 24.0.1 is the latest and I am up to date

So skip this and see first answer reply above if you want more info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hit the check for updates button on the CC application. Also, one might need to wait for the replication of the update on the worldwide servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey PE,

Well the update 24.1 was available so per your advice I downloaded (glacialy slow)

And guess what? Now the same problem is back! 

So it's an every update problem now?

How do I trash the settings folder but still not have to spend 2 hours redoing all my prefrences, actions, toolbar, workspace, plugins, etc.etc....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once set, you Candace a copy of your working preferences. Some setup an action to recreate them automagically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines