Exit

Can not open files on photoshop

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

Was hoping for some advice

I can not longer open new or existing files or images into Photoshop. The system keeps crashing and does not support it. This randomly happened and I think is a software problem. Ive tried reinstalling photoshop and signing in and out of my cloud but no luck. I saw a similar problem on youtube that was solved but was not for a mac. I was wondering if you have any advice for me or anywhere I can look?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I'm using Mac OS 11.4 and PS 22.4.1. I have 540Gb of free disk space and 16Gb of Ram.

I've done a shut down and restart.  I reset the PS preferences.  Then I spoke with Apple and verified using safe mode the the problem is with PS.  So I uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop.  Then did a restart. Then a shut down.  I've now manually moved the Adobe Photoshop Settings 2021 folder onto the desktop and did another restart.

Photoshop still hangs on opening (Bridge and Lightroom seem to work but ACR hangs as well.)  It worked fine before the latest automated software update.

I'm in the middle of a photoshop course so any help would be very appreciated.   Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CanadaGeorge – Unistall Photoshop using the Adobe Cleaner Tool and do a fresh install. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I did that but am happy to try again.  Thanks for getting back to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George,

I spoke to an advisor online, they looked at my computer and saw it was a
corrupt file causing the problem. Maybe a good idea to contact them online
via the chat

Hope u work it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.  I will try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s the photoshop support Chat you need to contact

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this may seem like a dumb question, but I can't find the chat feature.  I've enabled pop-ups in Firefox and tried Safari with all cookies allowed.  Would you know what I need to do to see the chat option?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi George

You need a Adobe account to do this. If you have this go onto the help
/contact page, in the corner is a text bubble you can open and start a
chat.
Should all be Adobe customer care.

Hope it works out for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2)  I carefully went through all the steps for Adobe Cleaner Tool and then reinstalled PS.  PS still hangs on launch.  I have attached the Apple force quit report. 

I would really appreciate next steps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the Macbook 11.0.1 and photoshop 20201

Regarding the spare dick capacity, I have 20.77GB available. 

I actually deleted a lot of stuff, usually, when the disk is full it says my scratch disk is full.

I can get to the main photoshop page, but not open or import anything, nothing comes up when I press the button and the system keeps crashing. What would you suggest I change in the preferences panel? I've tried changing some settings but no luck 

Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need more spare disk capacity – say 100GB

How much RAM do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines