• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can only view a corner of an opened filed in Photoshop CS6

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have recently installed Photoshop CS6. When I tried to open a file, only a corner of the file appeared at the left hand corner of the screen. I tried dragging the layer and enlarging it. When I am holding onto the picture, I see the whole of it, but once I released the corner, it is back to the same problem. I tried unchecking the floating window under Preferences - Interface, but it did not solve the problem. Somehow, the files do not open as tabs, even though the option is checked. Could anyone advise me on this problem.1.jpg2.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have recently installed Photoshop CS6" Photoshop CS6 has not been sold for many years and is not supported any longer, you failed to mention what operating system you're using, more than likely this is a screen resolution isuue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Mine is Windows 11. My screen display is 2560 x 1600

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the windows Taskbar at the top or side of the screen?

If so, try moving it to the bottom and see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, my task bar is at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the preferences back to the factory defaults?

1) Close Photoshop.
2) Double click on the Adobe Photoshop icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialogue appears, asking you “Delete Photoshop Preference Files?” Click Yes.
If you don't see the question repeat the procedure again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, in fact, i uninstalled the program and tried to install it again, it gives the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that Photoshop CS6 is not compatible (or reliable) with Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a laptop/computer with two graphics cards (gpu)

One intergrated and the other dedicated.

Also in photoshop go to Help>Updates and see if you can get the 13.0.1.3 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated the program, but doesn't help either. Ya, I realised that I have an integrated and dedicated graphic cards. Does this affect photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes turning off the intergrated card will let photoshop use only the one dedicated card.

Photoshop doesn't do well wth two different graphics cards so one needs to be disabled and usually the intergrated card is the one to disable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines