• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't cancel an accidental quit... WHY ADOBE, WHY?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it used to be in any Adobe software that if you clicked the X by mistake the "would you like to save before you quit" pop would show up, and than you could click yes and than cancel, and then you could resume work  as normal.

But for some reason that is beyond my comprihension, your PM at adobe (which i must say are doing a very very poor job in the last 10 or so years) decided to axe that "feature" and now if you hit quit or X by mistake, you can not in any way cancel it. even if you click "yes" for save and then cancel it, Photoshop is going back to do you want to save before you quit. and there is no way to cancel it. what are you thiunking there Adobe? are you actually using your products? ha? 

So, if I have 10 or 20 open documents and I hit quit by mistake I must save ALL the files quit and than open photoshop again and open all the files again.

You guys need a serious kick to the b*t. like seriously, and I don't even mention how slow blopated, buggy, RAM houngry, and generally just poor quality your products has become.

The only reason I still work with your horrible software pakage is because my organization is working with it. 

Fix it.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@assafbezalel wrote:

Fix it.

You are speaking to volunteers who try to help other users when they have questions about how to do something in Photoshop. If you want to tell the product developers, you can do that here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link does not work and I seeno solution or answer to this - I hve the same problem and I am suuuuper angry about it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lina M22299769oijd wrote:

That link does not work

@Lina M22299769oijd 

The forums have merged since the original post was made. You can now start a new post in this forum and tag it as an "idea"  instead of a discussion so the product team will see it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me, perhaps you need to:

Preferences > General > Reset All Warning Dialogs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works as expected for me:

image.png

I clicked Cancel and was back in Photoshop. 

Do you want to give any info such as your OS?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see, no cancel button after hitting the X button by mistake (again)

Windows 10 (updated) photoshop (updated to latest version) reset all dialog option did not do anything.
It's just sucky sucky adobe software, I am so angry, i have no words

akaBEZ_1-1665474783958.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @akaBEZ 

The dialog says "Photoshop", but your screenshot does not look like the Photoshop interface. Can you tell us the Photoshop and OS versions (exact)?

I branched your post to its own thread.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the OP, just from my personal account, since I left the company I worked for when opening the thread so you can merge it beck to the original thread.
The "interface" behind the dialog is just an image i am working on inside photoshop, sorry for the confusion, grabed it quickly without noticing. windows 10 updated (can't find the build number), Photoshop v23.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@akaBEZ wrote:

I am the OP, just from my personal account, since I left the company I worked for when opening the thread so you can merge it beck to the original thread.

It's back, thanks for letting us know that we are working with the same person! 🙂

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you working with a Teams subscription by any chance?

Any chance the computer was restarting?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you able to send a screenshot including your Layers Palette?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines