• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change brush settings. Please help

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I just got a new update from photoshop. My problem is very simple.

How do I get my brushes to go from this:

sample001.jpg

To THIS:

sample002.jpg

Because I have been at this for HOURS. I have tried every setting. And I noticed that most others have this brush as a preset. If that's true, then mine are gone and resetting the brushes does not bring it back!

PLEASE HELP ME

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Okay, I figured it out. It wasn't photoshop or my tablet. It was FREAKIN Windows Ink! MICROSOFT! STOP ADDING STUPID FEATURES!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pleas post a meaningful screenshot including all pertinent Panels (Brush Settings, Brushes, Options, …)

Have you tried checking the »Always use Pressure for Size …« icon in the Options Bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where would I find the "Always use Pressure for Size" icon?

The second image is not from my computer, but from someone else's. Here are my brushes when I open photoshop

Capture.PNG

As for the settings, this is all I got for the hard one. I've tried changing the shape dynamics and every other option but nothing turns into the brush I want.

Capture2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the button, but it doesn't work. It seems like the only thing that works is the jitter feature, which makes the brush really jagged. For some reason, no other buttons are working or changing the brush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what are the Brush’s Shape Dynamics (as indicated in the Brush Settings Panel)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I figured it out. It wasn't photoshop or my tablet. It was FREAKIN Windows Ink! MICROSOFT! STOP ADDING STUPID FEATURES!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem too ! How did you solve it ?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as of 06/23/2022
Create a file called PSUserConfig.txt
Add this line to it (not including the quotation marks): "UseSystemStylus 0"
Go to C:\Users\{yourusername}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\{your version of photoshop}\Settings\
Put the text file in that folder
The Settings folder might be called something else, like "Adobe Photoshop 2022 Settings"
good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't see "AppData" in your user folder, enable "Hidden Items" in the View menu -- or google showing hidden folders in windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sam what tablet are you using?  With Wacom products at least, Windows Ink has been the preferred API for several years now.  The bottom line is if the WinTab API is working for you, then go with it, but be aware that WinTab might be the cause of future issues should they occur.  One of the issues is that when you lift the stylus at the end of a brush stroke, a line is drawn to where you next touch down with the stylus.  That was specifically with V21.1 but I have seen posts from people who have had the same problem with more recent versions.

This is from the Lazy Nezumi Pro FAQ

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines