• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Combine Two Images

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to layers in photoshop and I'm trying to combine two images so I can make a head swap and when I drag and drop the images to make another layer on the same document it is the same image on the background layer as the new layer. I keep watching tutorials and I just can't get it to work. I drag one image onto the other using the move tool and the shift key and it makes another layer but its the SAME image. It's essentially just making a duplicate layer. I then tried the copy and paste method and it does the same thing. I uninstalled the program and then reinstalled and that didn't work either. It's obviously something I'm doing wrong. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted this in the wrong forum. Although I could offer some ideas, it will be better for me to move this question to the Photoshop instead of the Captivate forum (where swapping a face is very easy :).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Photoshop version, and OS?

Combining images is a very basic and easy operation with Photoshop. So probably there is something wrong. it can be a bad file format as well as many other causes.

Try to open 2 images and drag one to another by its tab : Click  on the second image tab and maintain button down then move it on to the first image tab. It will open the first image and once on the image release the mouse button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, after you have opened the two images, go to windows>arrange>2-upvertical.

Pay attention to the highlighted tab, that's the one that lists its layers content, you need to drag to the non-highlighted tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines