• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't copy texture and sample into illustrator or ps. Please help....

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a duce of a time getting texture and coloring of glass copied into my shapes as I design a window for a client. This shouldn't be so difficult, but I'm having a terrible time. 

I have one shape that is a trapazoid. I want the image to give that shape the colors represented in the screen shot.
When I try to post the screen shot into my highlighted selection of the trapazoid the photo with nothing in it is what I get. Nothing. The screen shot does not reproduce.
I also dried drawing inside a shape. It would look like it might work, but when I was done it would turn into a black line box in the layout and not be as indicated in the tutorial. So my app is not working on so many levels as to be a problem of finding out just what is wrong.
KaCe

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Are you trying to copy the texture from Photoshop into a shape in Illustrator? Or the other way around? 

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop to Illustrator
I have photos of the glass I use and want it to drop into shapes I create in Illustrator so a client can see how something might look. (Stained Glass Windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi KaCe!

Have you tried these steps:

1. Place your Photoshop image into Illustrator. I duplicated my photo just so you could see the difference

2. Put your shape on top of your image, like below:

Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 4.23.02 PM.png

3. Select Clipping Mask from the Object Menu and then choose Make.

Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 4.23.59 PM.png

4. This will give you the shape with the image inside of it. Then you can add a stroke or any other effect you like to the shape.

Is this what you are looking for? Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, probably I haven't understood what do you like to do, but first of all you can duplicate the document (to take an original copy) and flatten the  image in one layer only, to simplify the further tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines