• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't drag layers to CC Libraries anymore

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having a problem adding PS files to my CC library.  This has only started happening today and is probably some simple setting I've accidentally clicked on but I can't seem to solve it. And of course I have a looming deadline.

My usual workflow which I've used for 3+ years is:

Draw image in PS.

Drag the layer or group into the relevant CC library.

In Indesign, drag the image from the CC Library into the layout.

But today, the CC library will not allow me to add photoshop layers or groups to the library.  It will do it sometimes with some layers, but not others.  Additionally the layers it will add are not consistent as I can sometimes add a layer, then try to add it again and it won't work.

I have attached a screen recording to demonstrate the problem.  As you can see, two layers will add to the library but the others won't.  Then one of the layers that would add, will not when I try to add again. 

I am currently running the latest versions of all my Adobe software and it's all updated.

Things I have already tried:

Signing out and back in of Creative Cloud.

Quitting everything and restarting the software

Swearing

Restarting the computer

Checking that things like Caps Lock and Num Lock are off (and on)

Swearing more.

Searching the web for solutions.

Speaking softly and kindly to both the computer and the software.

Crying (but in a manly fashion)

Unplugging peripherals and restarting the computer and the software.

Any advice or, even better, a guaranteed solution much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

*Quick Update:  Have found workaround by using the "+" button in the library panel to add content. Seems to be consistently working but it is concerning me that I can't reliably drag and drop, and that maybe there are some issues that I haven't encountered yet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Hi there,

This is a known bug and our engineers are working on a fix for the same. We're glad that you've found a workaround, another workaround is to pick the layer object directly from the canvas and drop it into a group in the library panel.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

There is this one known issue with the Library panel. When the Library Group By is Type, you can drag a layer once. If you change it to Custom Group it will allow you to add more layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This is a known bug and our engineers are working on a fix for the same. We're glad that you've found a workaround, another workaround is to pick the layer object directly from the canvas and drop it into a group in the library panel.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great thank you Sahil.  And thanks for the other work around too, as well as the fast response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this tip! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a year ago, and I still can't add a layer to the Library in Photoshop 2021. I tried the workarounds, which I was able to do before, but even those aren't working now. I was planning to quickly process a few photos before relaxing and watching a movie, but instead I run into this bug and having been trying to figure out a way around for 15 minutes and counting. Why is Library useless? I guess I'll just have to keep an image in another tab and drag it from there instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on an M1 Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am, though I also had the same issue with my Intel Mac before.

I still have my Intel Macbook, so I opened it up and tried it, and it worked fine. I then tried it again on my M1 Mac, and it's working fine there too, at the moment.

So perhaps it's an intermittent issue? When it wasn't working, I didn't get the + icon displaying like it does when it's working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is this one known issue with the Library panel. When the Library Group By is Type, you can drag a layer once. If you change it to Custom Group it will allow you to add more layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, I have the same problem and it makes no difference what the Library Group By setting is; dragging layers from the Layers panel into the Libraries panel does nothing.

This is on both the current release version (23.4.1) and the Beta (23.5).

MacBook Pro, M1 Pro chip; macOS Monterey 12.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, any update on the timeline to fix this issue? So many updates to PS have dropped since you last responded. We have teams that previously relied on this ability (to be able to drag layers into specific groups within libraries) and the + add graphic button/method only adds hassle and huge headaches to managing our very large libraries. We look forward to regaining the ability to drag a layer into a library/group. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW. IS. THIS. STILL. HAPPENING???

With all due respect, are you and the rest of the team aware of what a steaming pile of walrus #### the M1 version of Photoshop is? How many months and supplemental updates are required to fix basic functionality?

Pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One issue in one small part of the application which, as this thread shows, has been happening since 2020. It's 2023.

Meanwhile, will the document open displaying correctly or as a solid black rectangle? May need to turn off some functionality to fix that. Does resizing a document turn your background texture into what appears to be a parquet basketball court? Change your Rosetta setting. How many times a day should I need to quit and reopen Photoshop (or any other CC  app) because NONE of my tool panels are visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting. Was having the same issue and thought it was on my end / had to reinstall. Glad to know it's a known issue. I stumbled onto the same work around but that's been hit of miss for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not even the workarround is working any more. It baffles me that there is no way to upload, lets say, a font-awesome 6 library of icons to use as a library in Adobe. Only way to do this is on mobile where you can only upload 1 at a time. And drag and drop into a group in photoshop or the work arround dont work om my m1 mac mini with adode cc 21.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same. this is so annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now having this issue, select all and use the + button works, or as mentioned the custom group. This is extremely annoying because I need my stuff sorted by date, when custom group is selected you can't sort by date.

This is only happening with Photoshop, I am also on a Mac. Please fix this so we can once again drag and drop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that opening the Creative Cloud app, go to Files at the top, and the "your libraries" or whatever from there lets you add them in and in bulk. Not how it should work but at least it's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am also having this issue, why cant i drag a lyer into a cc library for acces in indesign? isnt building a library to use on all apps the point of having the library....

has anyone found a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you start PS in Rosetta mode on a mac M1 (command + i & check the 'Start in Rosetta' box), it will work. Which begs the bigger Q: why does this still work in Rosetta and not native M1? This is CRAZY. Adobe has dropped SO many updates since the first M1 version. Truly an outrage and an embarrassment for them... Awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. When I started a new project three weeks ago, the Drag & Drop worked fine (M1 Mac).

For a few days now, it doesn't work anymore at all. None of the workarounds works…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIX THIS NOW!!!! The only way to currently add files to a library is to purchase from Adobe Stock. I need to add elements that will be carried across to multiple psd files. WHY DOESN'T THIS WORK, ADOBE???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as I hit Post, I tried it again through the + sign and all of a sudden I had the option to do it again.  ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's still a bug I cannot drag anything to the library. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines