• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't draw with Photoshop anymore

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What it says on the tin and I'm sure you know. It sucks after more than two decades to leave your ever reliable program but my job is art and since this program can no longer be used to do that in any manner it's useless. Overall simple as this. I move something? Program automatically moves it somewhere else even if that was by single pixel. In the process it tears the image apart at the pixel and smears it. I make a perfect circle, one of the tools of course? Afterward the program moves it a single pixel and in the process tears the edges of it so it is no longer a circle. And so on no matter what. I can not turn in work like this for money or otherwise. It's that simple. My work will be rejected. It would be no different than trying to turn in a professional coloring job where you colored outside the lines but in the case you aren't but your brush is. Make some public announcement when your program is fixed please and thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think you might have something set wrong, or do you have a GPU issue perhaps.  All I can tell you is that I don't have this issue, and with 22 million Creative Cloud users in the world right now, most of whom will have Photoshop, we have to assume most people are getting on fine.  Photoshop is maybe not the best app for drawing right now, and we know some people have turned to Krita, Painstorm Studio etc.  and some of those are free (or nearly free) so use what works best for you for the particular job at hand.

Creative Cloud User Base Surpasses 22 Million Paid Subscribers | ProDesignTools

If you think you have a specific issue with Photoshop, hit us with some details and we'll see if we can fix them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow I for one was glad to learn of some of these programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Krita has a great brush engine Leslie, and is free.  Plus there are lots of tutorials (it is different enough from Photoshop to have a bit of a learning curve).

Paintstorm Studi is just US$19 and also has a great brush engine.  It has an interesting history.  When you consider how many people are on the Photoshop Development Team, Painstorm was writen by just one person, Sergey Komarov, and I believe it was not initially intended for release, but he was persauded to  make it available for next to nothing.  I wouldn't remotely want to try and use it instead of Photoshop, but it is a useful tool, and in some instances is better than Photoshop.

Paintstorm: Artistic Alternative to Photoshop (80.lv)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines