Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't find .atn files to copy to migrate to new computer

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to copy a PS action to migrate it to another computer, but it's not in the actions folder where it's supposed to be. In fact, none of the other actions obtained from other sources I've added are there. I already added the others to my new computer from their orig files, but this particular one I built myself, and it's nowhere to be found. I have full permission to access files, so that's not it. Supposedly there's an export option in the menu on the actions panel itself--I don't have that either. Anybody got any ideas?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

You need to Save out actions. Unsaved actions are just stored in your general preferences, and easily lost if, say, you need to reset preferences for some reason.

You save out actions from the Actions panel. You can only save out action sets, not individual actions. Click the hamburger icon to open the fly-out menu. Both Save and Load are there.

Save to anywhere you want. There will be a default location, the "actions" folder in the user account, but you may want them in a more easily found

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually created a separate actio nset for it and exported it? If not, they'll simply be appended to the default actions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I've created a new action set for it. I found the .atn files using a different pathway than the standard Adobe pathway. However, any actions added were still not there. Only the default ones. And I have no "export" option. PS2023 on Windows 10. I've already found all the orig downloads and added the actions to PS on my new computer. Additionally, I've simply recreated this particular action, so my search for it has ended. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get a particular profile loaded in LR. I got this new computer with more processor and more RAM specifically for LR and PS. I didn't think it'd be this much of a headache getting set up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to Save out actions. Unsaved actions are just stored in your general preferences, and easily lost if, say, you need to reset preferences for some reason.

You save out actions from the Actions panel. You can only save out action sets, not individual actions. Click the hamburger icon to open the fly-out menu. Both Save and Load are there.

Save to anywhere you want. There will be a default location, the "actions" folder in the user account, but you may want them in a more easily found location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I was looking for "export." I found "save" as you recommended, and I was able to save the set wherever I wanted to put it. Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines