• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find the crop tool in Adobe Camera raw 13.3 as a filter

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends, I was unable to locate the crop tool within the camera raw (as a filter, I am using version 13.3). I tried to convert the layer as a smart object, still no luck (I am using a MacBook).

Any help on how to get the crop tool within the camera raw (13.3) filter will be highly appreciated. Thank you all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't crop in ACR when used as a filter on a layer in Photoshop. You need to crop in ACR proper or in Photoshop. In Photoshop you can't crop a layer — cropping is applied to the entire image.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

Thank you so much for the response. Yes, this makes perfect sense. I was actually performing some perspective corrections in the Geometry option within Camera Raw and after that, there are some empty pixels that I wanted to crop out within Camera Raw. When I commit to this within camera raw and take it back to photoshop, I can see those empty pixels are filled up with objects from my image in a random way which does not make sense (even if my content-aware fill check box is unchecked in the photoshop crop menu) and that's why I wondering how to resolve this issue.

Best,

Indranil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Indranil,

Without seeing your image, will it work to add a layer mask to the Smart Object and mask out the empty pixels? Or to open the image in ACR first, then add it into your PS document?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can mask the layer  to the area you want to crop the layers image to.  Crop is a document tool you can not crop a layer.   You can create different size layer and clear layer pixel areas. When you use ACR to open an image or convert a Raw file or  Place in a RAW Image file  Image you are creating a layer.  ACR as a filter you are editing an existing layer pixels. You can not crop a layer. If the Layer is a smats Object layer create by placing in a RAW object you can open the object it will open in ACR you can reprocess  your RAW conversion including cropping.  Photoshop will replace the smart object layer object with your changed raw conversion.   If the Smart object layer object is not a RAW object ACR can be used as a smart filter it will not be able to change the smart object. It can only filter the layers pixels. 

A filter only filters a layer pixels.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines