• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get a solid gradient

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me crazy! I cannot get photoshop to create a solid gradient fill. Every time I fill with the gradient tool, the gradient is about 90% opacity. I choose a solid gradient from the basic folder, I then select the colors I want (to replace the black and white foreground/background colors) and when I fill the selected area, the gradient is always about 90% opacity. I have the gradient tool set to normal blend mode, 100% opacity and method :classic. Still 90% opacity!!??. Is there some other setting I am missing? (note, if I don't replace the black and white foreground and background colors of the basic gradient and just leave them black and white, the gradient will be solid (100% opacity)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, Gradient Editor, …) visible? 

Why are you using the Gradient Tool instead of creating a Gradient Layer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for lagging in my response. I did find a solution (completely by accident) I created a solid gradient, and then named it and saved it as a custome gradient. That seemd to cure the issue. I can make solid gradients again without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines