• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get rid of graphic on t-shirt

Engaged ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get rid of the logo on this t-shirt. I've tried every trick I know, but it's always still there. Any ideas?

CMEN Logo.jpg

 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Engaged , Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

You've tried the "patch" tool? this was quick & dirty, but between the patch tool & clone, you can clean it easy.

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

I have often found that by adjusting smaller portions one at a time, the results are quite good.

Here I circled small portions using the patch tool. The selections don't need to be very accurate but should be a little past the problem area. And then Shift-Backspace to quickly Content Aware Fill. Sometimes I need to go over an area twice but it goes very fast.

Make sure the fill dialog says Content Aware and not one of the other choices.

image.png

image.png

image.png

You might also want to touch up the right underarm whi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've tried the "patch" tool? this was quick & dirty, but between the patch tool & clone, you can clean it easy.

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. I took small chunks. There was lots of cleanup after.  There are still some areas that Photoshop won't touch, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I ended up doing. I used the curves tool to make the text as dark as possible and the background as light as possible. I burned and dodged to increase the contrast. I turned the black logo with a white background into a mask that removed the logo. I found the average color of the t-shirt and put it on a layer beneath the primary layer. I combined the layers. I could still see a faint logo. Then I used the clone stamp tool, going up and down and staying within the folds of the fabric. I also used the tool to make sure the fold shadows were continuous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have often found that by adjusting smaller portions one at a time, the results are quite good.

Here I circled small portions using the patch tool. The selections don't need to be very accurate but should be a little past the problem area. And then Shift-Backspace to quickly Content Aware Fill. Sometimes I need to go over an area twice but it goes very fast.

Make sure the fill dialog says Content Aware and not one of the other choices.

image.png

image.png

image.png

You might also want to touch up the right underarm which seems to have a sweat mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That works beautifully, Barbara. It requires a minimal amount of touching up along the folds in the fabric. I'm laughing now at the solution I posted earlier.

You are also correct -- that's a sweaty armpit.  I think it coordinates very nicely with the shiny forehead, don't you think?

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines