• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t import PSD from google drive to iPad version of photoshop.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I made an image in Procreate and exported as a PSD, and saved to Google drive. I'm now trying to use 'Import and Open' on the new photoshop for iPad, to open the file and work in photoshop. But it won't open from Google drive when selected, almost as if it doesn't recognise it as a valid file type, although there is no dialogue pop-up or anything. Does anyone have experience with this?

thanks in advance,

Lynn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!

When clicking "Import and open" and choosing "Files" option from three alternatives (Camera roll, Files or Camera) you are able to select a "location". When choosing Google Drive it shows 0 items eventhough I have logged in to Google Drive with my account and files can be browsed in Google Drive application.

I tried to specify Google Drive account in Photoshop settings but Photoshop settings does not even exist in iPad Pro settings. Other Adobe apps can be found from settings (Adobe Sketch, Photoshop Mix, PS Express...). I also tried to restart my iPad after downloading the Photoshop app but it does not appear to settings.

BR,

Marko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that Photoshop for iPad already supports PSD. It uses a special cloud documents version, which is not the same. Try saving the file in TIFF. That will work.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I cannot open any files from my Google Drive. It does not even show the folder structure.

- Marko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That might be an issue of the Files app, not the Photoshop app. I don't have Google drive, but Dropbox works fine.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines