Can't import video to Photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

When I try to import a video, .mov and 8 sec long, I just get a message saying "Could not fulfill your request because the video file could not be opened." That doesn't give me a clue what's wrong. Any tips?

Thanks in advance,

Ulf

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021
Hello I experienced the same problem until I read this and it worked it was just blocked by mac os security, hope it will helps !

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional , Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021
@LYF5EBE did you try running Photoshop in Rosetta mode, if you are using an M1 mac? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html 

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022
I just experienced the same issue and once I read Adobe's site for features that do not yet function properly running Photoshop natively on M1 (Apple Silicon) Macs, the answer was obvious: 1) Go to the Applications folder on your Mac2) Open the Adobe Photoshop 2022 folder3) Select the Adobe Photoshop 2022 app (do not launch, just select it)4) Either hit Command-I or, from the Finder menu, choose File > Get Info5) Click on the box that says "Open using Rosetta." It sucks that we have to degrade t...

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I experienced the same problem until I read this and it worked it was just blocked by mac os security, hope it will helps !Capture d’écran 2021-01-04 à 00.15.19.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me!! thank you

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with an mp4 file, in Big Sur and Photoshop 2021... heeeelp. I did this today in my macbookair with El Capitan and Photoshop CC2015, so I should do this in my mac mini 2020 PLEASE

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. None of the options offered in Help work. No Video Layers under Layers. Won't open directly. Won't allow for import through bridge. Kosher codec, too. 🤷‍:male_sign:🙆‍:male_sign:🙏🙏Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 10.18.03.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on photoshop 23.0, macbook pro m1 2020, macOS 12.0.1. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, ce n'est pas le même problème, car sur un M1, il faut ouvrir photoshop en mode Rosetta pour la vidéo, pour l'instant: https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experienced the same issue and once I read Adobe's site for features that do not yet function properly running Photoshop natively on M1 (Apple Silicon) Macs, the answer was obvious:

1) Go to the Applications folder on your Mac

2) Open the Adobe Photoshop 2022 folder

3) Select the Adobe Photoshop 2022 app (do not launch, just select it)

4) Either hit Command-I or, from the Finder menu, choose File > Get Info

5) Click on the box that says "Open using Rosetta."

It sucks that we have to degrade the performance of Photoshop in order to make this work (for now) but that is the sad reality of it for whatever lazy/technical reason this billion dollar company has for failing to make it work natively on Apple Silicon as of yet in 2022. <shakes head>

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes finally this worked for me.

Had to open in Rosetta. Hope they solve this.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, I have the same problem with macOS Monterey and Apple M1 Max, PS 23.3.2. Photoshop no longer recognizes video data. Please Adobe fix this problem in the next update. I need this functionality in my daily work!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines