• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Convert to Video Timeline option missing - Apple M1 devices

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to select anything but "Create Frame Animation" in the Timeline. I am trying to create a Video Timeline, but not using Frame animation. This option isn't in the bottom left or top right of the Timeline menu.

I have tried resetting my preferences, uninstalling and re-installing, creating a new document, and converting all layers to smart objects, and none of those have worked. I have a macbook pro with macOS Big Sur version 11.2.3 with an Apple M1 chip.

Thank you for the help!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here.

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 860 Replies 860
860 Comments
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have the same issue on Apple Silicon M1 Macbook Pro but, this solution of the 3 dots and Open Intel solved it. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you help me how to solve it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help! It was very frustrating for me, but finally got through to the Adobe support team, and figured I'd share what they advised. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an M1, the instructions are above in the thread, but I've copied and pasted here: in the CC app under "all apps" you click the 3 dots next to Photoshop, and select "Open (Intel)" and that will resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! it worked 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experienced the same issue and once I read Adobe's site for features that do not yet function properly running Photoshop natively on M1 (Apple Silicon) Macs, the answer was obvious:

1) Go to the Applications folder on your Mac

2) Open the Adobe Photoshop 2022 folder

3) Select the Adobe Photoshop 2022 app (do not launch, just select it)

4) Either hit Command-I or, from the Finder menu, choose File > Get Info

5) Click on the box that says "Open using Rosetta."

It sucks that we have to degrade the performance of Photoshop in order to make this work (for now) but that is the sad reality of it for whatever lazy/technical reason this billion dollar company has for failing to make it work natively on Apple Silicon as of yet in 2022. <shakes head>

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ive been having the same problem but the "Open intel" button doesn't show up for me. Only "Manage Plugins", "Learn More", and "Uninstall"

Anyone know any other way to get the open intel button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried updating my adobe to the most recent version and now for some reason its saying i need to pay for the full version even though i have a school provided account but thats another issue. My main one rn is I need the video timeline to finish my animation project really soon and it stopped working without warning

gonna be honest does anyone like the M1 chip? its kind of sucks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why it's not there — maybe try closing and reopening CC app. Then try again.

Also, it could be the issue with your account. I know with education accounts there's usually two logins— education, and personal —the personal allows you to add a personal plan to your account (like stock), and the education login is the plan the school pays for. Use that one when you're logging into the CC app.

If those don't work, I'd reach out to the support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

je suis sur MacBook Air M1 avec comme OS Monterey.

Quand j'ouvre la fenètre montage de photoshop, l'option créer un montage vidéo n'apparait pas.

Seul animation d'image apparait et pas d'autre choix.

Merci pour votre aide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I think you have to run Photoshop under Rosetta, more info

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola tengo el mismo problema con Mac M1 y photoshop22.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same challenges... at my wits end, opened Photoshop CC using alternate (Intel) version instead of Silicon version just to see what would happen. IT FIXED THE ISSUE. I'm running macOS Monterey 12.1 on iMac (24-inch, Apple M1, 2021). Same positive results on my MacBook Air (Big Sur 11.3.1, Apple M1, 2020). Hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't fix the issue, it works around it. When is Adobe going to fix it so it works with the M1 version of Photoshop. Why are we paying for a subscription for a product that doesn't work to fufill our needs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it does not literally "fix" the issue–I'm just a designer, not a software developer–but creates a suitable workaround for me until bug is addressed and fixed by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It such a brilliant idea.

Now I'm running intel version on my PS on my M1. 

SOON ADOBE FIX THIS ISSUE ON M1 SILICON.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's true, but we are paying for an M1 version that doesn't work and Adobe has had three updates for the M1 version and stillthis issue is not fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you need to run Photoshop in Rosetta mode (in the CC App, installed apps section, click on the three dots and select start (Intel) https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to an M1 Pro Monterey OS with the latest Photoshop. However I can no longer open mp4 and mov files. I get the error "Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file." I looked at forums, saw solutions about secuirty settings... but none of those solutions helped.

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 10.25.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I think you have to run Photoshop under Rosetta, more info

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @eggtarte ,

Go with @Ged_Traynor's advice.

For now, video workflows require Ps to run in Rosetta.

Let us know how you go.

mj

mj_0-1642061405831.png

mj_1-1642061405793.png

Mohammed Jogie |
Adobe Certified Associate |  Expert | Instructor |
Adobe Community Professional | Creative Ambassador | User Group Manager |
Member International Society of Typographic Designers | Lifetime Friend International Council of Design | Interaction Design Association Local Leader |
Member Pan Afrikan Design Institute | Ambassador Visual Arts Network South Africa | Central Executive Committee Member Printing SA |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what @Ged_Traynor said from the get-go.

With this on @Jeffrey Tranberry's radar, it should be sorted soon.

Stay safe.

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mit jedem Update von Photoshop hoffe ich, dass endlich die Funktion xport -> VIDEO RENDERN eingeschaltet wird. Schön eine so starke Machine zu haben die bei Video-Bearbeitung so gut sein sollte ohne das in Photoshop ausprobieren zu haben. Nun laufe ich mit 2 Macbooks und nutze für diese Funktin meinen Macbook 2016. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop 23.1.1 on macOS Monterey 12.1. The option to "Create Video Timeline" disappeared in the Timeline window. When I'm at the Frame Animation window and hover over the Video Timeline icon at the bottom left corner, I see a No symbol. When I drag and drop an mp4 file to Photoshop, it says, "Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file."

I made a short animation in the Video Timeline with Photoshop just 7 days ago. Don't know what happened. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, installing an earlier version, installing Rosetta, all with no luck. Is anybody having similar issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all!
I am having a bit of an issue. After almost 10 years, I finally upgraded from the 2012 to the 2021 Macbook pro with the M1 processor. I have the 23.1.1 photoshop installed and on OS Monterey and for some reason I can no longer edit video. I am able to edit video on my old macbook but it looks like photoshop doesn't support it anymore. I have tried everything from exporting to a different extension, system settings, etc.  (Everything I can find except running through roseetta-All the posts im finding about this to are back from 2019-2020).) Do I really need to do that in order to edit video in photoshop? Will there be an update soon for this issue? It is just frustrating I just spent all this money on an up-to-date system plus the Creative Cloud, just to be dealing with this. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate