Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Install Photoshop

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11 pro 64 Bit

I tried updating Photoshop and it failed, looked up what to do...

wound up cleaning out both Photoshop and Creative Cloud, then reinstalling Cloud...

Now I cannot install Photoshop as I get a 146 error:

Exit Code: 146
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 2 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 2 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveFileCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop23-Core_x64', version:23.4.2.603
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop23-Core_x64 Version: 23.4.2.603). Error code: '146'
ERROR: CopyPrimitiveEx | GetAnyOperationsAborted failed with error: 0
ERROR: CopyPrimitiveEx | GetAnyOperationsAborted failed with error: 0
WARN: target folder 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Required\PDF\Settings' does not exist, treating package 'AdobePhotoshop23-en_US_x64' as uninstalled
WARN: Unable to move file at "C:\adobeTemp\ETR4F7F.tmp\1\Application\Required\Default Actions.atn" to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Required\Default Actions.atn" Error 1392 The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need more hands on support than this... afaik I've tried all those things.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does look like the "Required: folder is corrupt, so I am going to run a chkdsk c: /f /r 

Hopefully that fixes it so I can reinstall Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The full chdsk repair took like 3 hours but it worked.  Photoshop is reinstalled.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines