Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't make the keyboard shortcut for rotating the stamp tool work

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't make the keyboard shortcut for rotating the stamp tool work, instead, it's selecting all the layers above. I'm using "Alt + Shift + < or >"shortcut since it's the one listed on Photoshop Website's and on many other websites and in video tutorials.

I have both Mac and Windows, I've trided it on both, with Photshop 2021 (version 22.0.0) and the result is the same !

I have an AZERTY keyboard, I've looked it up, I know it can cause issues in some case, and in this case, people advise to use the "," and ":" keys, wich is the location of the "<" and ">" on QWERTY keyboards, but it's still not doing what I need, Its either changing the size of the reference of the stamp tool, or selecting the layer underneath my actual layer.

I've searched ways to change this shortcut, but I wasn't able to find that entry in the keyboard shortcut menu

I remember using this shortcut a long time ago, maybe before CC and it was working fine, is it an update issue ? how can I "Rotate Clone Source" without having to clic on the duplication source window ?

Thanks for your answers,
Steven

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I just checked on a QWERTY keyboard, with a English Ps interface, one needs to Alt-click on the image first before this shorcut works. If I switch the KB to AZERTY on the English version, I can only rotate one direction as on AZERTY, > and < are on the same key and shift is already pressed for the shortcut...

Indeed, on the French Ps version, I cannot find a key for that, and the rotate source is undocumented in the keyboard shortcuts help file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines