• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open Photoshop on Windows 10 - Error (0xc0000142)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open Photoshop, simply everytime i try to use the program or open it, it's crash and give me the same error:

"The applicantion coul'd be started correctedly (0xc0000142). Click Ok to close the application."

I already search in the fórum, internet and more, try every solution i found and just, nothing worked.

What i do now?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Thanks for sharing the info! It appears that the processor you're using does not support SSE version 4.2 or higher which is required for Photoshop 22.x.

Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

If earlier than SSE 4.2 you will get this error 0xc0000142 or ippCV error. Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ErroratloadingofippCVlibrary

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the error while launching. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you're using? Which CPU do you have on the computer? Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer.

You can check out the steps suggested in the discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder/0xc0000142-error-on-adobe-media-encoder/m-p/10066...

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I allready try this method of controlled folder, didn't worked. Now, is the Ps 22.0 version, i have all the windows updates instaled, my processor is a Phenon II X4 955, The processor or my computer is not the problem, but the instalation of Photoshop with packagins left out. So help me, in trying to work here! I'm living in Brazil, the cost of Adobe is expensive bro. Have a poor suport that dot not work, of a company this size it's a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the info! It appears that the processor you're using does not support SSE version 4.2 or higher which is required for Photoshop 22.x.

Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

If earlier than SSE 4.2 you will get this error 0xc0000142 or ippCV error. Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ErroratloadingofippCVlibrary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, i knew it you guys allways want to transfer the responsability. My processor is fine and have support to the app. It's working okay before the automatic update, now, nothing is working anymore. I already had said that the problem was in the program and the instalation packages with problems and peaces missing.

This it's been a dead end until now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try rolling back to the previous version of Photoshop (21.25) using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Let us know previous version works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

boa tarde;

após instalar o adobe photoshop 2021 encontrei problema para iniciá-lo. 

• ao clico sobre o ícone para iniciar o programa; 
  • resultado esperado - abrir o programa;
  • resultado real  - surge a seguinte mensagem na tela (mensagem na imagem em anexo):

"O aplicativo não pôde ser inicializado corretamente (0xc0000142). Clique em ok para fechar o                     aplicativo".

Como resolver este problema?

att

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have installed the wrong version. Photoshop 21.x isn't the same as Photoshop 2021. 

If your CPU doesn't support SSE v4.2 you have to go back to version Photoshop 2020 (21.x).

2022-01-04 09_31_25-Window.png

Known issues in Photoshop (adobe.com)

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...My processor is fine and have support to the app. It's working okay before the automatic update, now, nothing is working anymore. ....

Sorry, but in this case you're thinking wrong.

The recent version of Photoshop (v 22.x) requires a actual CPU that supports SSE 4.2. Your processor came out about 12 years ago and doesn't support this feature. So your processor doesn't match the system requirements.

As nikunj.m wrote go back to Photoshop v21.25. This version should be running on your system.

BTW: I don't be an employee of Adobe. I'm a user as you are.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's okay Axel, thnak you, but how i have said, the processor and the app had just working fine in the 22.x version earlier, but the last two atualization justo not worked. Soo i got back to the 22.0.1 version os photoshop, changed some configurations, desativated automatic update and now it's working just fine. Thank You for trying to help you all, but this is just problematic and in part, injust. But thank u

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

poderia me explicar o passo a paso que vc fez meu amigo, pois estou com o mesmo problema aqui !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

There you'll find a description how to roll back to a previous version.

See also @nikunj.m 's posts in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good!! how did they solve it?

It only lets me install photoshop 22.0, I can't install a previous version. Apparently my computer does not pull that update so I must install some previous photoshop. But I don't know where to download photoshop 21.

I'm paying for something I can't use 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem.( I can't install photoshop 2020 (v21) , i don't see it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see here: https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl

There you'll find download links for several older version of the Adobe apps.

However, some versions require support to be contacted

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue and this is what I have on my PC:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 6.00 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorer

Would you please help me with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even open photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be more specific.

Which operating system do you use?

Which version of Photoshop do you use?

Please post the exact version numbers and not only phrases as ""recent, "latest" and so on.

Do you get an error message? If yes please post the message word-by-word as text.

This will help us to say more about your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My System: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) - 6GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 - Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Photoshop v22.2

I have an error message it said "The application was unable to start correcly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application." and I uninstalled photoshop and reinstalled it than I saw this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you read the answers above in this post?

Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

The recent version of Photoshop (v 22.x) requires a actual CPU that supports SSE 4.2. It seems that your CPU doesn't support SSE 4.2.In this case you have to go back to Photoshop v21.25. This version should be running on your system.

Please see here: https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl

There you'll find download links for several older version of the Adobe apps.

However, some versions require support to be contacted

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines