• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open PNG in Photoshop

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Photoshop file from the Adobe CC to the latest version, which is version 19.0.1. Anyways, now whenever I try to open a PNG file to edit in Photoshop or place both an embeded and linked image in a Photoshop file, I get an error message that pops up and says that it cannot open it, saying that it's not a PNG file. I checked the properties to the image I want to edit, it is a PNG. I can manage to save out as a PNG file, I just can't open or place an image. I'm not sure if it is a server error because I did save it online and the image I am sharing is a screenshot I took and it is originally a PNG file, or maybe it is a glitch with Mac users because my operating system is Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

The issue has been fixed in the latest update

More info

Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged,

This worked for me!  I'm back in business

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too. I optimise all PNGs using TinyPNG. My images went all messed up until I unchecked as instructed. Do you know exactly why this problem is occurring? Another update that causes problems!!!!!! When will Adobe test properly  before releasing updates???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue has been fixed in the latest update

More info

Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's odd... as the problem only started for me this morning after updating to the latest update.

However, I have now turned the extension option back on and all is good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update is the update released today

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes... I updated at 9am this morning, then when I tried to open an image that had PNG compression, like TinyPNG, Photoshop showed only raw data. By turning off the extensions in plugins, quitting and then restarting resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear you are working. Hopefully Adobe will continue fixing this version of Photoshop before releasing the next buggy version off Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  That solution worked for me also Ged Traynor. I was having the strange rainbow coloring when I opened pngs also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

denised,

Thanks for getting back to me!  I actually got a response from Ged Traynor

that solved my problem.  Am still going to inquire at my Mac place about a

GPU upgrade.

Regards,

Steve

(Personal/Business contact information not allowed in the forums--Moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Too late but might help. I tried the GBU trick on both 2018 and 2020 versions but didn't work for me.

Solution

Use an online PNG tool even if file size 5 MB plus, I used onlinepngtools to upload and save the file on the fly but unfortunately one by one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines