• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t paint lighter colors on darker colors on the same layer

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With every brush i have, i have the same issue. I paint one color let's say black on one layer and on the same level i can't paint white over the black. It wasn't like this before I don't know what caused it but how can i fix it?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the brush selected look in the options bar at the top of the screen. The brush will have a blending mode (it is labelled 'Mode:') Set it to Normal

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reckon Dave is right, it will be the brush blending mode. Try "normal".

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you might have accidentally turned on the "Lock Transparency" option for your layer. This would prevent you from painting any colors on the layer that are not already present in the transparent areas of the layer.

To fix this, you can check if the "Lock Transparency" option is turned on for the layer that you are having trouble painting on. You can do this by selecting the layer and looking for a small "checkerboard" icon at the top of the Layers panel. If the icon has a small lock symbol on it, then the "Lock Transparency" option is turned on.

To turn off "Lock Transparency" and allow painting with any color, simply click on the "checkerboard" icon with the lock symbol on it. This will toggle off the "Lock Transparency" option.

If you want to make sure that you don't accidentally turn on "Lock Transparency" in the future, you can also disable it from the Layers panel menu. Go to the Layers panel menu (the small icon in the top-right corner of the panel), and uncheck "Lock Transparency" in the dropdown menu.

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines