• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't perform simple key commands unless layers deselected first in PS 2021

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an ongoing annoyance that I can't seem to fix. Example: After editing an adjustment layer or two, I want to merge all with the command+shift+E key command. PS will not do it and gives a bleepy warning noise. It will only perform the function if I first click away (deselect layers). Same with other simple actions:  command+save, won't execute until all layers are deselected. I don't recall ever having to do this before so it is a new gift. Anyone got a fix? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the tools and/or preferences.
To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.
Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#restore_preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peru Bob, so does that mean that something has been turned "on" in preferences to create that need for an extra mouse click? or it's a glitch of some sort. I just worked on a file and it wouldn't even let me Save unless I clicked somewhere in the layers pallet first... twice as many clicks as necessary and it adds up for no good reason Grrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may be a glitch.  Resetting preferences is usually a good starting point to troubleshoot odd issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines