can't read and change the file info in PS

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't read or add metadata in the caption info in PS.

The shortcut Schermafbeelding 2022-05-18 om 14.56.47.png isn't working. It's a very annoying situation as i am a professional press photographer, i need the use of the caption info in the metadata

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it only this specifc shortcut that doesn't work? Do all the others work?

(shift-alt-ctrl-I works here, but that's on Windows)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try resetting preferences?

Not a solution, just a workaround... You could use Bridge or ExifTool as alternatives or even a script for Photoshop could add this metadata.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you narrowed down whether it’s a problem with the shortcut or a bigger problem with the command or the file?

For example:

If the shortcut does not work but choosing File > File Info works, then the problem is with the shortcut. Check your Mac for any background processes (like utility software that was installed) that might have taken over that shortcut. Also, open macOS System Preferences, go to the Keyboard panel, click the Shortcuts tab, and make sure that keyboard shortcut combination is not also listed for another application which may be overriding Photoshop.

If neither the shortcut nor the command works, there may be a problem with Photoshop. If you restart Photoshop and it still happens, you might try resetting Photoshop preferences or reinstalling Photoshop.

If File > File Info do not work when you try to edit the metadata in Photoshop or Adobe Bridge, or in any other software that can edit metadata, then the problem is with that document, such as possible data corruption.

Those are not all the possibilities, but they are examples of how you can use troubleshooting techniques to narrow down the real cause.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines