• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't render video from Photoshop for years now

Participant ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been tring to create Gifs (converted to video )for years now on my 2019 MacBook Pro (Big Sur). I tried again today hoping some recent updates would fix it but still no luck.  I'll create a frame animation from a few layers (usually about 4 or 7 layers).  Then convert them to a video, try to render the video and the computer hangs up. I can wait for hours and nothing will happen in Photoshop. I get a spinning progress balls and that's it.  Instead I have to make a gif, then convert that to video using other software, and it looks BAD.  This was such a great feature in Photoshop, especially for Instagram reasons, but I've been unable to use it for years.  FWIW, I have tried this on several machines and get the same results. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop hangs, can you capture a process sample using Activity Monitor. Instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/how-to-get-a-process-sample-or-spindump.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, I am on the beta forum.  Would you like me to post my .txt over there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please! (Put a link to this thread there, too, please)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been fixed yet? I am still having issues with rendering videos in Photoshop. It just gets stuck in initializing and never opens any other options. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having Bridge open can cause this. I'm not sure if that bug has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Chuck. I don't have Bridge open but it still does it, but I am glad to know I am not the only person suffering with this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines