• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't resize images in Photoshop CS5

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working in Photoshop CS5 creating a flyer when suddenly I wasn't able to resize any images.  I was adding images into the flyer fine for a while, but then when I clicked on an image to resize it there were no handles and I couldn't resize.  I've closed the program & restarted, closed the file & re-opened but nothing helps.  HELP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Maybe you accidentally disabled Show Transform Controls in Move Tool options.

Screen shot 2013-02-06 at 13.49.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you perhaps flatten the file without meaning to? Can you show us a screen capture of the file with the Layers panel open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't flatten the file and someone else suggested I check a setting for the Move tool, which I'll check when I get home from work. If nothing's wrong there then I'll definitely post a screen shot because I can't work with it like it is. I know I've probably hit some shortcut command that I wasn't aware of. Thanx for taking the time to reply and I'll let you know what I find later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you accidentally disabled Show Transform Controls in Move Tool options.

Screen shot 2013-02-06 at 13.49.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check this when I get home from work. Thanx for taking the time to answer and I'll let you know what I find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ...you are a superstar!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HERO!

I honestly couldn't understand why photoshop wouldn't allow resize by dragging. Was blowing my mind. Then spent some time googling around, found this post. My faith is restored in humanity (well, okay, drama aside - faith is restored in Adobe). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's EXACTLY the solution for me. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Message to Conroy: Mmmmmmwwwwwaaa!  Translation - that's a big, wet sloppy kiss for helping me!  Yes, it was the 'show transform controls' that was causing the problem, an option that I never even noticed before.  Now I can get my flyer finished and off to the printer for a special event next week.  Thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you to OldBob1957 for offering advice.  I appreciate both of you taking the time to reply to my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you're female!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha ha! Yes, definitely.

Catherine Adams

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks bro. 5 years later, it's helping me.Keep up the good work.

Plus, i use cs 6 and i'm guessing everybody is too.

hasta la vista!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this answer, that box was unchecked! Why would you have the option to turn it off, what purpose would that serve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH DEAR..THAT WAS SOVLED MY PROBLEM..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines