• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't rotate image with image processor off.

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,
I'm trying to figure out how I can get around this issue, but so far, to no avail.
After going through and following the steps provided for a prior issue; namely, being unable to open any files and getting the error: "Could not complete your request because of a program error." (Solution being, turn off graphics processor).
However, when I do so, a new issue arises. I can no longer rotate my image using the r key (or any other method). To top it off, I also get frequent crashes.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've tried previous version installations... Yet, all these issues still persist. 
It's starting to seriously affect my work and I'm at a loss for what to do.

I'm using Windows 10, nvidia 3090, and an amd processor. 

Thanks for the help,
ArcticStudioMan

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean you cannot rotate your image? 

Which version of Photoshop?

What steps are you using? 

Edit > Transform > Rotate works for me.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the shortcut 'r' it gives me an error "Could not complete your request because it only works with OpenGL enabled document windows."
I'm using Photoshop CC 2021  (v. 22.5)
Edit > Transform > Rotate.  Also does not work, same issue as trying to use the shortcut for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a side note, I feel I should state that I have tried a method that 'can' work. However, it isn't a long term solution. 
If I delete my photoshop settings folder before starting up photoshop, I can use graphics processing and rotate my image just fine. However, if I quit the program and come back. These issues start up again.
Plus, having to consistently delete my settings destroys my work-flow. Since, it removes any changes made to the UI, any new actions I've added, as well as any new brushes I've created or installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If disabling Use Graphics Processor fixes the issue, you may need to update the graphics driver - and try to re-enable Use Graphics Processor. Or upgrade your graphics card. The hardware specs for the current version of Photoshop are greater than prior versions with the move from OpenGL to DX12. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html#DisableGraphicsProcessor 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines