Can't save a file on my computer

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't save a PSD file on my computer.

I open "Save as" and get the dialog with the "save on computer" and "creative cloud" options but when I choose "Save on Computer" nothing happens.

I tried "Reset All Warning Dialogs in Preferences > General" but still nothing. The only thing I could do was to save on Creative Cloud in order not to loose all my work and quit Photoshop, open the file from thw cloud and then I could save it on my computer. I even ticked the "don't show again" box but, when I tried to save another file I got the same problem.

The only way Photoshop allows me to save a file on my computer is if I quit the app after every file I save and open it again, which I don't want to have to do and really gets on my nerves.

Anybody else got this problem? How can I fix this?

Thanks

I'm using 23.2.2 on a Mac M1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Nothing happens when you click the Save on Computer button? The current Creative Cloud window should close when you click that button and the standard Save dialog window should appear.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try renaming the UXP folder
Rename the UXP folder to ~UXP.
• (Windows) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
• (macOS) Navigate to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP

If that fixes it, I'd like to get a copy of the renamed UXP folder.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click "save on computer" the window closes without taking me to the next window where I choose the folder where I want to save the file. The first window with the "save on computer" and "save on creative cloud" closes without a further action. 

Everytime I quit Photoshop and restart it I can "save on computer" once without a problem, but after I get the same problem again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for 3 different files I worked on and saved and then after the fourth it stopped working again and had to save to Creative cloud and quit Photoshop and start again. And then same thing - I could save on computer a couple of files and then again the same thing.

It's very frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you you try the solution with the UXP folder I posted above?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines