• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save in Jpeg format

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always been able to go to file, save as, and jpeg.  Now, jpeg is not an option.

Anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening and how I can it can be fixed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Ensure you select JPG from the Save As Format drop-down menu. If it's not listed ensure you're in 8-bit mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ensure you select JPG from the Save As Format drop-down menu. If it's not listed ensure you're in 8-bit mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe your image mode is set to 32 bits/channel or Lab colour mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day!
Installed the latest version of Photoshop on my computer. I RUNNED WITH THE FOLLOWING PROBLEM. When saving a photo, there are only 4 file resolutions left: psd / tiff / pdf / psb /. I need to save my work in jpeg format. How do I add this format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any file format that does not support all current properties of the file, have now been moved to Save A Copy.

Jpeg will appear in the list if the file in question is 8 bit color depth, no layers of any kind, no transparency and no alpha channels. Then it complies with the jpeg specification and can be saved directly.

You can revert to the old Save behavior in Preferences > File Handling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the later versions of Phothsop, jpg and other formats have been moved to the "Save as a copy" selection under the "file" menu. You'll find jpg as an option there now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like many other users, I cannot save a pdf as a jpg; is there a way to fix this??  I am not a geek so I need simple instructions - if that is possible....(Why did this happen? I used to be able to save as jpg....)

Thanks!

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you want the legacy "Save As" file handling Preference

Photoshop will ten offer save as copy, that’s the correct behaviour. 

large.png

Do remember that Jpeg files have compression applied, changing resolution or cropping enhances the compression artefacts - this means that Jpeg is only really suitable for final file delivery/transfer - once size and resolution (and any sharpening) have been completed.  Jpeg is not OK for archiving or for any file that may need to be resized or cropped down the line. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines