• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Save in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:  I'm using OSX 11.2.3, just updated to latest versio of LR and PS CC. Inside LR, I selected a photo to be edited in PS; edited the photo; but keep getting this message when I try to save and close the images:

Could not save as “_DSC2365-Edit.tif” because the file is locked, you do not have necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file. Use the ‘Get Info’ command in the Finder to ensure the file is unlocked and you have permission to access the file. If the problem persists, save the document to a different file or duplicate it in the Finder.

LR has the requisite permissions inside OSX, as does PS. I can't believe its telling me that I'd have to assign permissions for every photo that I'd edit in PS, right?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Please try updating Photoshop to version 22.4.2 and macOS to 11.4 and let us know if that helps.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I'll do in a couple of days and let you know.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I updated to OSX 11.4, LR and PS are updated.  I opened LR, selected a photo, selected open-to-edit-in-PS and got this message:

Lightroom was unable to prepare the selected file at /Volumes/Bay I Photo 12TB/2021/Wes Retirement 6.11.21/_DSC9178.JPG for editing.
It will not be opened.

I closed both programs, opened them again, and was able to open the LR photo in PS. But when I tried to close and save it, I got the message from yesterday:

Could not save as “_DSC2365-Edit.tif” because the file is locked, you do not have necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file. Use the ‘Get Info’ command in the Finder to ensure the file is unlocked and you have permission to access the file. If the problem persists, save the document to a different file or duplicate it in the Finder.

So, I close the programs again, tried to open a LR photo for editing in PS but again got the message about LR being unable to prepare ....

FYI: everything was working as expected prior to updating to the latest LR and PS CC versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also went into Bridge, opened to edit in PS, and when I tried to save and close I got the same:

Could not save as “_1TestDSC9125.jpg” because the file is locked, you do not have necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file. Use the ‘Get Info’ command in the Finder to ensure the file is unlocked and you have permission to access the file. If the problem persists, save the document to a different file or duplicate it in the Finder.

Something else I noticed: In LR, if I select to edit a copy in PS in get the "unable to prepare the selected file" message.  But if I select "edit a copy with LR adjustments" the image opens in PS (but I'm still unable to save).

In System Preferences, bBoth LR and PS have Full Disk Access and have access to Files and Folders (does the Adobe Updatre Helper need it also?).  And when I look in the Info panel for both programs and go to Set of Permissions I (I'm the only user) am listed under ACL as having full control, everything is checked under Effective Permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm on the latest version on the apple processor and am having the same problem. file didn't update in lightroom. i was able to save it in a TemporaryEdits folder but not another folder. Then I had to bring it back into lightroom again as a new image. bummed because i love the versions lightroom has (new user, cloud version). Also, I've been having issues in photoshop where suddenly the bracket key for brush sizing suddenly won't work, as well as brushes repeatedly resetting to the default while i'm using.  I've also been having issues with swatches, etc. repeatedly going back to default. is that what happens with new updates?

thank you! loving it! 🙂 seriously. loving it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thing: in LR when I select a photo to be deleted from the disk I get this message:

The file named “_DSC2328.NEF” could not be moved to the Trash folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thing (this is a LR problem but it seems that I should keep this all together):

I selected photos inside LR to expoert to an external drive connected to my silicon Mac Mini, but when I clicked "Export" I got this message:

The specified folder is not writable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I created a folder on the internal drive and was able to export out of LR.  Of course, this is only a short term solution b/c the internal drive just isn't big enough (and my years of LR work are all on the external drive).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for sharing the necessary information.

All these errors occur if applications do not have write permissions on the location where the files are saved or exported to.
Could you try using a different external drive and let us know if you're able to export the images?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I was on a long and unsuccessful phone cal with apple (e.g., reset permissions and when that didn't work reinstalled OSX -- but that didn't work either).

I can save my images to another drive on the computer, e.g. if the images are on external drive A, I open them in LR from external drive A, then open in PS from LR, then save the edited PS image on external drive B (or my desktop).  Of course this adds a lot more work and potential confusion when trying to edit lots of images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines