• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save psd to jpg, despite using save as copy and checking legacy box.

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 23.2.2. Trying to save from psd to jpg and it won't do it. 

I have read the forums and edited the preferences, checked the legacy box. Tryed using the save as copy function. It still will not work.  I also tried merging all layers before saving. Still no go. 

Any takers?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) and the dialog visible? 

What is »no go« intended to describe exactly? 

How dows the process fail? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit depth, color mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Fosse wrote:

Bit depth, color mode?

Yes, I'm guessing either Lab or RGB 32bpc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By no go I meant it would not save.  Changed the bit rate, changed the colour back and forth until I got it to work.  It has been a while since I used Photoshop.  I don't remember it being that difficult to save a jpg file. From memory it used to be a case of simply choosing file type.  So if that has been changed then it seems a backwards step in my opinion.  

But thanks to those who responded.  I appreciate your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will need to research the changes to Photoshop that affected the [Save As] command.

[Save As] will only allow the 'JPG' option if you-

[Revert to legacy Save As options]  as advised in the Help article- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/saving-images.html

Your other (convenient) option is to [EXPORT AS] where you can set the requirements for a JPG file (Easily IMO).

2022-04-22 16_40_58-Window.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines