• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see cursor - Photoshop 2020

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to see the cursor 70-80% of the time when I'm working in Photoshop CC 2020. I found a similar question on this forum in 2016 but there was no answer to the problem. Has this issue been fixed?

Thanks,

RB

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That does not sound typical, could you please let us know the operating system you're working on?

Could you please try enabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please confirm this is the curosr for the move tool, and not the brush. I fotne cannto see the brusgh as i use actual brush size and the outlien of brush si hard to see on a hi res monitor, sicne you cannto thicken the outline. I htio the spacebar to swtich to hand tool to help locate my brush cursor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the problem with any the tools, which have a round cursor that can be made larger or smaller using the square brackets. eg; Quick Select Tool, Spot Healing Brush, Clone Stamp Tool, Dodge Tool and all of the tools associated with them plus any other tool which uses a round cursor.

The cursor is there but is virtually impossible to see on certain colors.

I'm using windows 10   Thanks,  RB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on an iMac Pro using Big Sur 11.1. I'm spotting scans of black and white negatives using the healing tool. The Cursor is sometimes white then shifting to grey that blends into the image. I've had weeks of eye strain because of it. I've tried many different settings but the only thing that works but still unstatisfactorily is capslock which turns the cursor into a perpetural white crosshair. If I could change the color of the precise cursor it would be a significant help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here...        Photoshop 2021;  iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)    os10.14.6 

Very annoying and really slows the workflow.  Seems like a pretty fundemental issue that ought to be addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has this issue been fixed yet?  I have the latest version of Photoshop and a high res screen and I can barely see the cursor.  It's really frustrating.  I went into preferences>cursors, but there is no function that addresses the thickness of the cursor itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines