Can't see my smart object when placing it within a timeline

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if that's a bug or something I'm missing but when I'm placing a linked file, in my case another Photoshop file, I can see the placement transform box but nothing is displayed. If I validate the placement, I have to go one frame ahead then one frame back to have it display properly.
I think it'd be great if the linked objects would show up as you place them. Note that this is an animation project, the linked objects are done so within a timeline and are themselves animated. However I made sure that the objects themselves are visible on their first frame, I thought about that. It's just when importing/placing them they don't display properly.
Thank you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,
I did so and I'm afraid the problem still occurs.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post the two files you're using? (the parent PSD and the child/linked SO file)

Use CC files or Dropbox to share a download link.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that'd be complicated. The parent file has a ton of linked objects, it's for a musical video project (it has audio), among other things. I'd consider doing so privately but not here. Let me see if I can reproduce the problem on another file.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems I cannot reproduce the problem with test files. So I'm guessing it must come from my file structure. All files are on the same disk. I cannot remember a time when it did not do that when working on animated files, but that must be my memory. I have my main scene file, which contains a smart object, which contains all my smart objects. If I do it on my main scene or my main smart object, the objects are not displayed properly, but it seems to work fine on end of line objects.
I would share the files to you privately, if there is a way of doing so ?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines