• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't use any complex brushes in Photoshop on macOS

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[inappropriate language removed by moderator]! Dev team get your act together! 

I used CS3 for almost 10 years. I never updated because everything worked fine and could do everything I needed......for 10 years! I was forced to update because new OS won't work with CS3.

So I pay for the year subscubscription. First problem was the damn saving issue. Automatically it adds more work because you guys can't get a simple "save as" button to work properly so we have to jump through these extra hoops and add more time just to save a jpeg file. 

Now when I use any brush that's more complex than a simple basic one it freezes the program. By that I mean, my mouse turns into the brush and now nothing works. I can't click on anything. I can't change any tools. I have to force quite photoshop just to get it to respond again. I tried checking off the Use Graphics Processor and deleting/reseting photoshop. Nothing works, and it all wastes my time! 

Stop [inappropriate language removed by moderator] around with bells and whistles and "announcements" and just get your program to be reliable and work like how it used to. You turned my favorite program of all time into a stressful and painful nightmare. 

I'm this close to just saying [inappropriate language removed by moderator] it with photoshop forever and look for another editing program. This is starting to waste so much of my work time with all these problems, and I've been using photoshop since it first came out!

Please like this so that management can see this because we pay too much, and our work relies on this program to do what it's supposed to do. 

I'm going to need therapy from the head banging I've been doing because of this. 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble while working with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers macOS version?

If you're using macOS Catalina or macOS Big Sur, please ensure that Photoshop has all necessary permissions on your Mac by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop manually using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Big Sur

Version 11.5.1

Photoshop 2021

Version 22.4.3 

I have done all the above as asked. Will still freeze if I make the brush too big. 

I'm working on a small file size as well at 1920 x 1080 with 72dpi for a video cover. It has to be the mapping on the brushes that is screwing everything up. 

I've force quit it twice now after all this. This is getting to be seriously exhausting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines