• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't use the arrows in the text panel to increase/decrease text size.

Participant ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another in a long line of issues with an updated version of Photoshop.Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 5.10.05 PM.png

So normally, I can use the arrow keys (up/down) to increase/decrease the type size/leading in the character panel. No longer. I can make it 1 size bigger or smaller, then it beeps and me and I can't incease/decrease the size in any of the option blocks. Any idea what the problem is? This is driving me nuts...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Win 10 with the latest and greatest Photoshop and everything works fine to increase text size and leading as it use to. Perhaps you can try to reset preferences what is general advice when Photoshop starts with strange behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is literally driving me nuts. Any ideas? Besides resetting my preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to work fine here with photoshop 20.0.4 (cc 2019) running on macOS 1014.4 Mojave.

Resetting the preferences as suggested by Bojan is usually the first thing to try if photoshop has problems that other users aren't having. Unfortunately, photoshop preferences seem to get corrupted more often than one would hope.

Edit>Preferences>General>Reset Preferences On Quit (windows)

Photoshop CC>Preferences>General>Reset Preferences On Quit (mac)

reset.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same thing was happening to me with the 2021 update on Catalina and it was SO annoying!! Really didn't want to reset my pref's but I did — and it solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines