• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't use the healing brush because the pixels in a group cannot be edited without merging the group

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the below message when trying to use the spot healing tool for frequency seperation.

"Could not use the healing brush because the pixels in a group cannot be edited without merging the group."

That said, when I merge the group it is of course no longer functioning how I want it to function.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Thank you for posting how you resolved it for yourself because this is the same issue I had and I was able to resolve it because you came back and said how you figured it out for yourself. Thank you for taking the time to do this. I appreciate you for it!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you create a new layer at the very top of your Layers panel to hold all of your retouching? With the new layer selected and the Spot Healing Brush Tool selected, check that the "Sample All Layers" option is active within the Options bar running along the top of Photoshop. If you don't see this, choose Options from the Window menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the group is on the layer, the vector mask is selected. Right click on the vector mask and select the resterized vector mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late but I found the problem for my self. I had put different layers under one group and selected the group instead of the individual layer. i.e. I clicked the group named Background, instead of the blue Background layer I wanted to change. Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for posting how you resolved it for yourself because this is the same issue I had and I was able to resolve it because you came back and said how you figured it out for yourself. Thank you for taking the time to do this. I appreciate you for it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines