• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't use Tutorials in apps

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on how I see them, all the tutorials (like the recent "Blend Images in Photoshop" require me to download Photoshop. No matter what I do, I STILL can't download the tutorial files, nor can I follow the tutorial. I've had Photoshop on my computer since before it was a suite...LAST thing I want to do is download and install software over software.

Why is the Discover/Learn system set up this way? I'm constantly trying to learn more from these tutorials, and every time it comes out the same. Either this system or I am extraordinarily stupid. I'm hoping it's not me.

What's up with this?
TonyB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Finding information in the forums has been difficult since they discontinued software support those many years ago. My problem is that the sales schtick is so strong, that everything wants me to download software to use tutorials. I've been using Photoshop since before it had layers. But now I teach it and need quality tutorials that don't require downloading and installing software we already have to follow them.

That button that says "View tutorial in Photoshop"? It's actually a button to download the installer. I want a way around it. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anthony22617102qg9d 

in ps, when i click help > hands on tutorial and select one, i view it photoshop without any sales pitch.  are you viewing a tutorial on adobe's website?  if so, you (or your students) should sign in with their subscription id.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While interesting, I want them to work on the current tutorials that are on the Adobe site. They don't have the newest software (we have 2021), so the tutorials that come up inside the program are the 3 year old ones we did back when this software was new. So the ones on the web site are the ones I want them to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, any problems after signing in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll find out Monday when getting back in to students' computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sounds good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this Blog article with videos (scroll down) that might be of help-

https://jkost.com/blog/2018/08/working-with-blend-modes-in-photoshop-cc.html

(I guess that 'in app' tutorials are meant to be 'interactive' with the appropriate app.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines