• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we record variable defining in action file.

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I'm facing a fear that I'm given with a task where i have to use CSV file and photo folder for creating a template. For CSV file, i've to use variables I know. But my task is to automate the defining of these variables also. 

Simply, can we record the defining of variables in action file.

Thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

You define variables for templates. Action do the same process over and over again. Why would you want the create the same template over and over again? The Action recorder does not record anything when you use menu Image>Variables>Define... and when you Insert the  menu item  Image>Variables>Define... when you play the action the step is interactive.  Therefore, that action can not be batched for its an interactive action.  The action requires user interaction.  The Data Driven Graphics process

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You define the layer variable name using Photoshop UI to identify which layers in the template your are creating will be replaced during the data driven processing.  Where your CSV file identifies  the text and files to be used for  replacing the templates layers during the Data driven process.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my question is that can we record the variable defining process in atn file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You define variables for templates. Action do the same process over and over again. Why would you want the create the same template over and over again? The Action recorder does not record anything when you use menu Image>Variables>Define... and when you Insert the  menu item  Image>Variables>Define... when you play the action the step is interactive.  Therefore, that action can not be batched for its an interactive action.  The action requires user interaction.  The Data Driven Graphics process is a Batch Process.  I  do not have any Data Driven Template PSD file or CSV files to test if you can record an action to open a Template and run the data driven Graphs Process.  You can surely record opening a Template PSD file and insert a menu item Image>Variables>Data Set...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

your talking with the template, we want to  do multiple file changes that text several positions

how to change multiple psd text using batch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi did you find solution then please tell me, I also face this issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines