• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you also read a photoshop preference like "resize image during place"

Participant ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to the community I already have a script to set the setting setting "resize image during place" using the following script...

sTT = stringIDToTypeID; (ref = new ActionReference()).putProperty(sTT('property'), gP = sTT('generalPreferences')) ref.putClass(sTT('application')); (dsc1 = new ActionDescriptor()).putReference(sTT('null'), ref); (dsc2 = new ActionDescriptor()).putBoolean(sTT('resizePastePlace'), false) dsc1.putObject(sTT('to'), gP, dsc2), executeAction(sTT('set'), dsc1); 

I would like to "upgrade" the function to set it back to what it previously was. Is it posible to also read this setting?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Does this help? 

var ref = new ActionReference();
ref.putEnumerated( charIDToTypeID("capp"), charIDToTypeID("Ordn"), charIDToTypeID("Trgt") ); 
var applicationDesc = executeActionGet(ref);
var placeScale = applicationDesc.getObjectValue(stringIDToTypeID("generalPreferences")).getBoolean(stringIDToTypeID("resizePastePlace"));
alert (placeScale);

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this help? 

var ref = new ActionReference();
ref.putEnumerated( charIDToTypeID("capp"), charIDToTypeID("Ordn"), charIDToTypeID("Trgt") ); 
var applicationDesc = executeActionGet(ref);
var placeScale = applicationDesc.getObjectValue(stringIDToTypeID("generalPreferences")).getBoolean(stringIDToTypeID("resizePastePlace"));
alert (placeScale);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That works great!

I run a script that requires this setting to be off, but some users didn't like having this setting turned off in every day use, so now I can adjust the script to read it first and reset it to it's previous setting after the script is done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have thought that it would be as simple as changing false to true, but it is not that easy!

Script listener works, it is just a little more verbose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you'd have asked it in original thread I would say to change false to true:

How change Photoshop Preferences by script (Resize Image During Place)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kukurykus wrote:

If you'd have asked it in original thread I would say to change false to true:

How change Photoshop Preferences by script (Resize Image During Place)

I didn't think of it at the time and had forgotten that I had even taken part in that original topic! :]

Ah, now I see, your original (correct) code below is not the same as posted above!

sTT = stringIDToTypeID;

(ref = new ActionReference()).putProperty(
  sTT("property"),
  (gP = sTT("generalPreferences"))
);
ref.putClass(sTT("application"));
(dsc1 = new ActionDescriptor()).putReference(sTT("null"), ref);
(dsc2 = new ActionDescriptor()).putBoolean(sTT("resizePastePlace"), false);
dsc1.putObject(sTT("to"), gP, dsc2), executeAction(sTT("set"), dsc1);

And yes, both true and false work as expected... Mystery solved, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine code from other thread and provided by user are same, aren't they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kukurykus wrote:

Mine code from other thread and provided by user are same, aren't they?

No, they are not exactly the same, which explains why I couldn't simply change false to true and get a workable result in the code posted in this topic. I can change your original code from the other topic and get a workable result, which is the clue.

Forgetting minor differences such as single vs. double quotes, one example is a missing parentheses and semi-colon:

differences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's same but with spaces instead of returns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a missing ); as indicated in the text search screenshot, this is not a word wrap issue.

Forgetting white space, there are 368 charcters in the original code, 357 characters in the copied code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no ';' in original code, but return character, while in pasted code a space character.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kukurykus wrote:

No, there is no ';' in original code, but return character, while in pasted code a space character.

There is, there are at least two of them, you can see it in the screenshot and in the code that I copied from the original topic above and in the image below:

orig.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You look at wrong spots. Compare culprits in both codes: ') r' & ') d'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that there is any point in discussing this further, I have stated the case multiple times... But again:

Your original code from the original topic works when swapping the false/true.

The code in this topic by the OP does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it does work. You must do something wrong if it doesn't for you. That's the same code.

Change space characters to return characters in 2 spots I indicated and it'll work flawlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines