• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot edit text layer in template PSD file.

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering how I can edit the text layer (travis scott) in this psd file here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vUvO79U_wUM_BGn2XjTv9gcss8HWWRJ4/view?usp=share_link

I can confirm that it's a text layer (the "T" symbol). However, after highlighting with the text tool and edit it, only a layer at the back is edited. I'm not sure how to proceed from this.

Any help would me appreciated!

Screenshot (98).png

This appeared when I first opened the psd file, not sure what to choose.

Screenshot (99).png

The text I want to edit.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

@Nam2697821704xi wrote on 5 November 2022

I was wondering how I can edit the text layer (travis scott) in this psd file here:

... after highlighting with the text tool and edit it, only a layer at the back is edited.

The text is typed in two places, so you'll need to edit it twice. You've found the "Travis" and "Scott" type layers.

janee_1-1668309135085.png

In the same "texto + Glow" folder, open the Smart Object called "glow" by double-clicking the icon on the left of the layer. Edit both text layers in the SO, t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Nam2697821704xi wrote on 5 November 2022

... after highlighting with the text tool and edit it, only a layer at the back is edited.

The text is typed in two places, so you'll need to edit it twice. You've found the "Travis" and "Scott" type layers.

janee_1-1668309135085.png

In the same "texto + Glow" folder, open the Smart Object called "glow" by double-clicking the icon on the left of the layer. Edit both text layers in the SO, then save and close the .psb to return to the .psd. The SO has a Gaussian blur to give it the "glow".

janee_2-1668309379477.png

A little higher up is another SO called "blur" inside a Nike shape.

janee_3-1668309995749.png

This SO has an image with the words Travis Scott clipped to the Nike shape.

janee_4-1668310095757.png

"Travis" partially shows through in the corner unless you hide the Blur layer.

janee_5-1668310290656.png

Apologies for not seeing your post for over a week. I hope this helps.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines