Cannot import Clipboard images from Folders on my Computer

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

using PS build 23.1.1 on Win 10 and I can't copy paste anything from my Clipboard which is situated on the computer directly. However, I can copy paste images from a browser. Any idea why this could be?

Example: I have a project folder on my computer with images i want to resize. I CTRL+C the image, open PS and try to CTRL+V the image. But nothing happens. PS also does not suggest to open a canvas in clipboard size. Only dragging and dropping works. But that's not what i want because I want PS to recognize the image in the Clipboard so that I can open a canvas in clipboardsize.

However, when I go to google and copy an image from there, everything is fine. PS recognizes that there's sth in the clipboard and I can open a doc in clipboardsize.

In CC 2018 I used to CTRL+C, then go to PS, hit CTRL+N for a new document and PS would suggest me the clipboard sized canvas which I then would choose and paste my image. Doesn't work anymore.

Any help for that?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that it has exclusively to do with then Windows explorer. I can copy paste stuff from everywhere, just not from folders on my computer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines